- Ingredients for Fried Jack Mackerel:
- • 2 ÚNICA brand cans of Jack Mackerel
- • 1 ½ tsp garlic, finely chopped
- • Lemon zest, to taste
- • 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- • 3 tbsp chopped chives
- • 3 or 4 eggs
- • ½ cup flour (as needed)
- • 1 l frying oil
- Ingredients for Spinach Purée:
- • 1 ½ kg spinach
- • 1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- • 1 cup cream
- • ½ cup butter or margarine
- • 2 medium sized potatoes, peeled
- • Salt and black pepper
Clean the jack mackerel and drain excess water
Sauté the garlic, parsley, chopped chives and lemon zest. Set aside.
Beat the eggs with the flour until they are well mixed.
Add the sautéed vegetables, stir and season with salt and pepper.
Dip the jack mackerel in this mix.
Deep fry them in hot oil (180°C) for 2 to 3 minutes until they turn golden brown.
Clean the spinach leaves.
Put the potatoes in cold salted water and cook for 20 minutes since it starts boiling. After 10 minutes, add the spinach leaves.
Add butter, pepper and cream. Mix everything in a blender for a couple of minutes.
Rectify flavors and serve together with the fried jack mackerel.